This week we started work on making our own maze games! While some went for a more simple control style, I decided to make my maze work somewhat differently. The normal style of movement people chose was: W=Up A=Left S=Down D=Right. But I decided that I would take a different route with my game. I chose to have W and D move the sprite foreword and backward. While A and D rotated the sprite left and right, this makes for a very different, and in my opinion more difficult maze game. When the sprite touches the edges in your pursuit for the finish line, it returns back to its starting point and is ready for you to try again. Overall the project was fairly easy, as we have already used most of the mechanics for it in our intro to scratch. But in order to make more of a challenge, I decided to mess around with the rotating controls a bit, which proved to be more difficult to program. If I had more time I would have added more levels that would start when the sprite comes in contact with the finish line, as well as enemies and maybe even teleports. I will attempt to add some of those features during class this week.
Controls: W: Move Foreword. D: Move Backward. A: Rotate Counterclockwise. D: Rotate Clockwise
No comments:
Post a Comment