Sunday, October 6, 2013

What an A-MAZE-ING Game!

For my final draft of the maze I kept all the mechanics from the original, and then added more levels. Level 2 is nothing new, other than I had to implement sprite shrinking and a new level. But level 3 adds an aspect that I did not see an anyone else's maze, and that is a key. Level 3 you have to first avoid a shark, which moves back and forth. Once you pass the shark you have to grab a key, which opens up a gate in front of the finish, allowing you to complete the level. If you do not grab the key you will be teleported back to the start of the level. The Key works by using a broadcast once the starfish touches it, which tells a thin yellow line in front of the finish to disappear once that message is recieved. In this maze I learned a lot about broadcasts. I had never used broadcasts before, but once I started they became very useful. I used broadcasts for when the sprite hits the wall in order to go back, as well as completing the level and the Key.


W: Step Foreward
A: Turn Counterclockwise
S: Step Backward
D: Turn Clockwise

No comments:

Post a Comment